Codemagic enables you to automatically publish your app to the internal, alpha, beta and production tracks on Google Play. To do so, you must first set up Android code signing and then configure publishing to Google Play.
You will need a service account in Google Play Console to obtain the JSON credentials file. See how to do that here. In addition, you must build the app in release mode and set up Android code signing.
Before releasing the app to Google Play, make sure that it meets the Google Play’s best practices guidelines.
Setting up publishing to Google Play on Codemagic
Once you configure publishing to Google Play, Codemagic will automatically distribute the app to Google Play every time you build the workflow.
- Navigate to the Publish section in app settings.
- Click Google Play to expand the options.
- Upload your credentials JSON file.
- Select a track for publishing.
- Internal — publish for internal testing and QA
- Alpha — publish for testing with a small group of trusted users
- Beta — publish for testing to a wider set of users
- Production — release the app to production
- If you want to publish the .apk even when one or more tests fail, mark the Publish even if tests fail checkbox.
- Select Enable Google Play publishing at the top of the section to enable publishing.