Firebase App Distribution
Deploy a Flutter app to Firebase App Distribution using the Flutter workflow editor
Set up publishing to Firebase App Distribution to distribute your Android and iOS apps to testers.
This guide only applies to workflows configured with the Flutter workflow editor. If your workflow is configured with codemagic.yaml, please go to Publishing an app to Firebase App Distribution.
- Add Firebase to your Flutter project
- Generate a Firebase token locally or set up a service account with Firebase App Distribution Admin role to authenticate with Firebase App Distribution.
- If your app uses Firebase services, you need to upload the Firebase configuration files to Codemagic, see the instructions here.
- Set up iOS code signing. Note that an Ad Hoc or Enterprise distribution profile is required to distribute the app outside your development team.
- Set up Android code signing. If you do not set up code signing, the artifact will be signed with a debug keystore from Codemagic build machine.
Enabling publishing to Firebase App Distribution
- Navigate to App settings > Distribution > Firebase App Distribution.
- Choose either Firebase token or Firebase service account as the authentication method.
- Enter the Firebase token or upload the service account JSON key respectively.
- Provide the Firebase app ID for Android and/or iOS. Note that the fields for Android or iOS configuration are displayed conditionally based on the selected build platforms at the top of the page.
- Enter the alias(es) of the tester groups to whom you want to distribute your Android or iOS app. To enter multiple groups, separate them with a comma or a space, or press Enter after each value.
- For Android, select whether you wish to publish the Android app bundle, the Android APK artifact, or select Automatic to publish either the Android app bundle (preferred) or the APK artifact (when no AAB is available).
- Select Publish even if tests fail to upload the artifacts even when one or more tests have failed.
- Finally, select Enable publishing to Firebase App Distribution at the top of the section to enable publishing.
- if no suitable artifacts are found, publishing to Firebase App Distribution is skipped;
- each uploaded binary must have a different version to appear in the Firebase console, see how to increment build version;
- release notes can be published with the build if you have added them to your repository, read more here.